Create your own smileys for chats, emails and even forums
- Easy to use
- Good help
- Random smiley generator
- Add signs and clothes
- Somewhat unstable
We all know that using emoticons is fun - so how cool would it be if we could make them too!?
Emote Maker is a small, free app that will let you do just this. The help file that comes with the program will walk you through the basic process and then you can experiment by yourself. Your smileys can be saved as GIF, JPG, PNG or BMP, a great range of formats that will make sure you can use your smileys in chats, emails, forums or even make them into simple animations.
Creating your Emote Maker emoticons is easy. Pick the face, drag over eyes and a mouth and you're done - you can even add items and clothes! If you want to get a bit fancier, right click the emoticon and pick Options. Here you'll be able to tweak more advanced features like transparency and rotation.
There was just one big problem with Emote Maker while testing - we had problems installing it on various systems and once it was installed, it was difficult to close and reopen again. This made using it a bit frustrating, but when it was working correctly, Emote Maker was a fun and easy program that made creating personalized emoticons accessible to all.
Stability issues aside, Emote Maker was a really fun app that created cool smileys.
- Options box DLL fix, now it closes properly
- Several changes to TPV.dll, bug fixes, now compiled in PureBasic 4 and several optimizations
- Modified sign font changing, now you can select font and color in same box rather than separate boxes
- Removal of all "register" nags (very long process to remove!)
- A new plugin manager version release.
- Various other changes and bugfixes